Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 25, 2006

Fast forward Days of NY

This time we travelled New York for real!

We left Toronto via AmTrak to New York. It was a 13hours ride, good thing plane ride has better leg room over an airplane. Summer slept, ate, and played inside the train but never cried - a very good traveller.
We met my cousin, who was working at Hotel Intercon, at the train station. We got to check-in at the Intercon with a very good rate from my cousin. My dad's cousins brought us in a Korean restaurant after checking-in at the hotel. We so much loved to eat real food after eating bread and cup noodles for a whole day. They then brought us to Upper Manhattan to see the city lights at night and went to Ground Zero. It was a very different feeling stepping foot at the place. It's like a sin to smile in a place of mourning, seeing all the photos of people grieving.
It was so easy walking around the city, priveleged that we are located at the heart of the city. We went to the Union Square to take the train to the Staten Ferry. We took the free ferry to and from the Staten Island to take a closer look of the Statue of Liberty. We did not go down anymore for we have more activities lined up for the day.
After a quick lunch at the city, we went to watch the Broadway. It was Wednesday and it was a matinee day so we had good rates for a show. We saw Beauty and the Beast. It was Summer's first time inside a theater and it was Broadway! Sosyal! We were so tired with our travel, walking, and adjusting our body clock that Summer slept on the first set while I slept on the second set. Summer missed the 'Be Our Guest' part, too bad!
Life in New York is way too fast. Seems like people are in fast forward motion. I pity my husband who have to fold and set-up Summer's stroller while taking the subway. But the stroller helped us a lot bringing Summer in the city. At Times Square, we just have to call each other to look back so we could take photos of each other with the area on our background.
After the movie, we then went to Forest Hills to attend my 7year old cousin's birthday. Their house was 10blocks away from the train station. Before going to their place, we have to go east for our Church visit, just to say a thank you prayer for our safe trip. So imagine the walk we did from the station, to the Church, back to the main street, walking 10blocks to their house.
Unfortunately, Summer got sick the following day. Travelling must be too much for her. She had lagnat. Good thing I brought with me my thermometer and her Tempra. We slept the whole day in our hotel room. The rest of the family just walked around the city to visit St. Peter's Church, the Rockefeller, window shopping, seeing how girls go crazy over US$100.00 worth American Girl Doll, to the China town to shop for souvenirs. Good thing I was able to see those places already on my first visit to NY when I was still single. So I didn't miss much except for the China town. At night, Omar and I got to go out to see the rockefeller at night. My parents volunteered to look after Summer. I left my cellphone in our room, not knowing that my Dad was texting me already since Summer was crying since the time I left. Too much bonding for the day!
We went home the following day, another 13hours trip on the train. Back to slow pace mode. Now, we can relax! But not yet! It's going to be Christmas time in Canada!

No comments: