Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 24, 2007

Playschool International

It's Summer's first day at school today and I am more excited than her!

It wasn't hard waking her up, telling her it was time to go to school. It was easy feeding her her breakfast, rice and egg! It was a little riot bathing her, now without time for her swimming pool, dressing her up was easy since she knew that she was going somewhere.

Excited mom that I was, I prepared her baon myself. She has her cheese sandwich and cookies with milk and water. I then brought her to school. Her class starts at 8:30 and will last until 10:30am. It's more of a playgroup for her age. She said hi to her classmates and teacher, she was even polite to say thank you, played with puzzles and blocks, shared it with her classmates, and even helped put back the blocks into its container.

That's a wow for me already. My purpose in sending her to school this early was to expose her to kids her age, learn to share toys with them, learn to pack her own things, feed herself during recess time, and be independent. I know, she's a little bratty at home. I'm a working mom and I need help from this school. And so I left her playing with the school's toys with her classmates.And that's where Ate Cory's, her yaya, story began.

When it was time for their lecture, Summer cried and looked for me and her Ate Cory. Teacher Grace then invited Ate Cory to join their class. Summer was still not happy and kept on crying. Until Teacher Tina asked them to go play outside, so as not to influence other kids. Then, Summer was happy playing at the playground. So happy she did not even touched her baon I prepared for her. Until it was time to go home.

Now, how will I bring her to school tomorrow? Maybe I'll just tell her time for playground? Well, I am still excited for her! This is just her, in adjustment stage, with her new environment.

5 comments:

Jane said...

wow, summer's going to school na rin pala. goodluck! maybe, you should stay with her in the first few days until she's really ready to left behind :)

Jody said...

Hi Jade! Schooling na rin pala si Summer. Ganyan din si Margaux at first, ayaw paiwan but now sanay na rin. You will be amazed on how much they can learn with just a short period of two hours. It will be worth it.

Jade said...

hi jane! gusto ko talaga mag-stay sana kaya lang nahihiya naman ako sa parents ko. kadadating lang kasi nila nung friday, tapos day off agad ako ng monday. Sila kasi gagawa ng work ko pag nag off ako.

Jade said...

natuwa ako kasi umatend ako sa 2nd day. parang gusto ko maging teacher na lang hehehe. sana SAHM din ako.

Joy said...

hi jade! thanks for sending me a long email about summer's experience ha. ngayon ko lang nabasa tong blog mo ulit eh. I'll definitely visit more.

btw, summer looks like a big girl and pilya din ha :)