Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kaka-stress!

Our application for our Canadian visa was picked up on Oct. 9. According to the call center agent I talked to, processing time will be 10-15 working days. I counted and the 15th working day fell on Oct. 30.

And so I scheduled Winter's interview with the US Embassy for his US Visa on Nov. 3 at 8 in the morning. I like our interview on Monday mornings para fresh ang mga interviewing officers from their rest over the weekend, well-rested, para good mood at ma-approve-an ang application namin. Well, that's my belief.Come Oct. 29 and still no passport delivery from the Canadian embassy. Morning of October 30 and still no delivery. I have 2 working days to re-sched our appointment with the US embassy. Air 21 usually comes to our house between 1pm to 3pm. After I had my lunch, I decided not to wait for 3pm and to re-sched our appointment. And to my surprise, the embassy sent me my final confirmation letter for our schedule, meaning I can no longer re-sched it! Nag-panic ako!

Oct. 31 and still no delivery from Canadian embassy. I called the hotline.

Oct. 9 - documents were picked up from us
Oct. 11 - they got our documents
Oct. 13 - embassy was closed, Thanksgiving! Patay ako sa bilang ko!
Oct. 14 - started processing our application
Oct. 31 - 14th working day, 1 day short for the 15 working days processing of our visa.

The agent I talked to must have felt my panic and asked me when we plan to fly to Canada. I told her instead that we have a scheduled interview with the US Embassy for his US visa. She checked, and our passports were for release for the night of Oct. 31. What a relief! I can hear angels singing Alleluia in my head!

But!!! Air21 does not deliver on holidays, which is Nov.1 and on Sundays. They will deliver my documents on Monday. Patay na naman ako nyan! Morning appointment namin and we have to be there an hour earlier. Buti na lang may network tayo sa FedEx! He got my documents and I went to pick up our documents on Sunday afternoon.

Hay salamat! Sobrang kaka-bitin! God is really good!Kaka-stress!

No comments: