Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cravings? or Gluttony?

I crave for so much food.

Last week, I was craving for Japanese food - from miso soup to sushi and maki to uni to kamameshi rice and tempura. Omar brought me at Tokyo Tokyo. Good enough though not the best. I still crave for Japanese food.

The day after, I craved for Persian food. We bought lunch at Mister Kabab, getting beef liver dish and special beef chelo kabab with biryani rice. The rice that time was extra oily. I think it's gonna be months again before I can eat that again.

Then, when somebody will mention a food, I'll be yearning for that in no time. Somebody mentioned grapes, I asked Omar to buy me grapes when he went to Binondo. Like I was chatting with a friend and she mentioned that she craved for sweet corn during her first trimester. I bought corn the following day and the day after. And up to now, I still haven't touched the second corn I bought. Talk about being inggetera.

Yesterday, I wanted to eat crispy tawilis and tomato. I had inihaw na fish and tomato. I'll buy tawilis on our next market day.

And just this lunch, I was thinking of having spaghetti or palabok. I had sizzling chicken instead and was happy with it. Then kuya came for merienda. I ordered spaghetti for myself and palabok for him. I got to taste both and am glad I did not get that for lunch. I wasn't happy with it.

I just want to eat too much. I get hungry agad. But I get full so fast. Like I feel I can eat 5 but my tummy can only accommodate 2. I cannot force myself to eat more even if I still want to, unlike before when I wasn't pregnant.

Is it really part of being pregnant? Or is psychological? I grow too big pa naman when I get pregnant. With Summer, my dad was asking me already if I was about to burst already when I was just on my 5th month!

Self-control! That's what I need. And Japanese food too! Kamameshi House!

2 comments:

popcorn said...

Hi, congratulations on your pregnancy :)

Jade said...

thanks popcorn!