Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 11, 2007

What will I be?

The assignment was to come to school in costume of what they want to be when they grow up.

How can a 2year old know what she wants to be? My mom said, it's not what Summer wants to be when she grows up, it's what I want her to be when she grows up.

So I've thought of letting her wear my white blouse for a labgown, buy a doctor-doctoran, voila! A doctor! So I thought, I want her to be a millionaire.. hahahha. So should I just put lots of toy money in her pockets, then?

I then texted her Ninang Jenny to help me think of a creative costume for Summer. She said Summer doesn't want to be a doctor. Summer loves to sing and I can dress her up like a diva! So I've thought of letting her wear her black outfit, which was at Bulacan, and buy the toy mic stand I saw at Toy Kingdom. I asked Omar to buy the toy for me and he agreed. But then I don't have my house keys at Bulacan with me. I borrowed Omar his set of keys but he was not at his office and was at SM buying the toy mic. I got so irritated how my plans were not working. So I called off buying the toy mic since there was no way we can get her black outfit.

I was so pissed off and there was no one to blame. Bad mom that I was, I did not prepare her costume until the following morning, half hour before her class starts.

So now, it's not what Summer wants to be, it's not what I want her to be, but what's available inside her closet. I've thought of a mechanic, but tools are not good. She might use it against her classmates. I've thought of a drummer, but the drum set was too big for her props.

Then, Omar came up with a great idea! A chef! Omar called Mama, borrowed Orland's toque, asked Nanay Lina to make a small apron for Summer, and to bring Summer's tea set. But I thought, Chef don't use tea sets, they use pans. So we used the small pan with matching sandok from Mommy.

And presenting.... our young and pretty Chef Summer!When we got to her school, I saw a dozen of doctors. Buti na lang di sya doctor... too ordinary! The yayas and the teachers got excited with our chef. There were 2 chefs and they are both Sophias pa. Ninong Orland, we have a small chef here already. We won't miss you that much already hehehe. Pero miss ka pa rin namin.

2 comments:

popcorn said...

Ang cute naman :)

So did your little girl enjoy her costume too ?

Jade said...

uhmm... nag-enjoy naman pero mukhang mas nag enjoy ako hahahaha

thanks popcorn!