Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Bambina

A week before the presentation, Summer was assigned to represent Italy - wear Italian costume, practice Italian greeting, and to bring Italian food.

A self-confessed stage mom that I am, I texted Jenny, who's at Canada and has 24/7 access at the internet, to research for a nice costume for Summer. I don't want to buy a ready made one. I want to be creative and make use of what we have. The following day, I asked Mama, who happens to be at Glorietta, if she could check at the bookstore for the Italian costume since I cannot find a nice one from the internet.

So I had the skirt from Tita Beth from Canada in mind already. Jenny mentioned wearing a vest so I thought of Summer's hand me down black halter backless blouse. And I saw her white blouse from Mommy with ruffles and a ribbon. It's not longsleeves, but I found it better since it's gonna be cooler and more comfortable with Summer.

But how am I going to make an apron? So I tried the costume on Summer. The skirt looked like an apron already. I just need a skirt. Mommy cut a yard from her table cloth used for skirting her buffet table and asked our laundry to make a skirt out of it. Then I borrowed a head dress from her kitchen assistant whenever they assist at the buffet table.

Voila! I have my bambina already. I bought a knee socks worth Php 64.75 and that was my all in all expense for her costume. And you cannot even see her wearing one.Come the day of the event, I saw Summer inside their classroom before the program. I was amazed with all the costumes of the other kids. I then texted Jenny that we are not going to win the best in costume and I felt guilty not spending for the costume.

Come awarding, Summer won the Best in Costume for the Toddlers level. I was surprised and I was so happy! I did not get to hear the other winners anymore. Summer was not interested. She refused to go to the stage for the awarding. We tried to bribe her with her lootbag and a gift as a prize. But seeing the sash convinced her to go to stage. She likes it!Thank you for all the sponsors for my bambina's costume. Thank you Lola Olive and Papa for joining us.

Grabe! I'm a super happy stage mom. Poor Summer!

2 comments:

Peachy said...

ganda ng costume ha,ur little girl looks good weraing it. no doubt she won! congrats to mommy too !

Jade said...

thanks peachy!