Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

Needs iron.

I checked with my OB's secretary yesterday if they received my laboratory results. She asked me to call my OB regarding my CBC result.

I was able to call my OB just this afternoon. My sugar was okay. Rejoice! Rejoice! I can still eat my chocolates! My urinalysis was okay. Ultrasound was okay. But CBC daw was low at 9.9. I wasn't able to ask for the normal score.

I was advised to eat liver and ampalaya - good thing I love liver and I sometimes like ampalaya, and not to stay up too late. Then, I will have my CBC checked again next month. Yikes! Needles again.

Need to stock up on iron!

2 comments:

philos said...

If you mean hemoglobin, I think it's 12 to 16mg/dL, liver's good, but high in cholesterol hehe... You should consider taking iron supplements too, women are very prone to iron deficiency anemia.

Jade said...

Thanks philos! So my cbc is really low. Actually, I am already taking my iron supplement even before I had my cbc test taken. I'll have to eat more on iron-rich foods first and get my cbc test again a month after. I'm afraid too much iron supplement may cause me to have constipation which is not welcome in my pregnancy state.

Thanks!