Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Winter time.

My birthing story. CAUTION: Long story.

I must agree that every pregnancy is different from the other.

With Summer, it was short and sweet. I had a tiny slightest pinkish spot on a Saturday evening. On Monday morning, my lower back was aching. We went to bed at 9:47pm and been waking up every 7minutes due to lower back pains. I prayed for a sign if it was time to go to the hospital. At 2am, I went to pee and had a drop of blood. I took a bath. Left home at 3am, travelling at a speed of 60-80kph, and arrived at St. Luke's at 3:30am. I waited for Omar at the lobby while he was parking our car, walked to the elevator, to the delivery room and found out that I was 6cm dilated already. I gave birth at 6:45am.

With Winter, it was different. I had rashes 2weeks before I gave birth and cough a week before giving birth.

Monday morning - I had spotting, actually since then until I gave birth.

Wednesday - kahit may bagyo, check-up pa rin ako hoping I'll be giving birth na. Mild pa daw contractions ko, dapat daw yung masakit na. Mataas and closed pa rin. Dapat daw at least 3minutes interval para sure na manganganak na ako.

Thursday - had my haircut in the afternoon kahit may contractions na.

I decided to go to work on Thursday kesa sa bahay lang ako na walang ginagawa at iintindihin ko lang mga rashes ko at mangangati. At sa bahay, walang driver. At least, kasama ako ng driver at busy ako sa work, makakalimot ako sa mga kati ko sa katawan.

On our way home, I was having contractions every 7-8minutes. Syempre, di ko alam kung ito na ba ang contractions na inaabangan ko at baka mild pa rin ito. I had my haircut, still with contractions.

We had dinner with my inlaws at their house, contractions were 5minutes apart na. On our way home, parang nagiging 3minutes interval na.

So I called my OB, sabi nya go to the hospital kung 3minutes na. I asked pano kung mali, then she said, uuwi ako. I asked pano ko malalaman na tama na, di ko daw malalaman kung di ako pupunta sa hospital. Ayaw ko kasi ng false alarm, gusto ko sigurado. So I told her, observe ko muna.

When I went to bed, contractions were getting stronger pero naging 8minutes interval na. So I put Summer to sleep. Come 11pm, I told Omar to get the car na. He called my inlaws to help look after Summer, but instead they went with us to the hospital. Traffic pa sa Nagtahan bridge at may ginagawang Meralco line sa mga ilaw dun. Contractions were getting stronger and intervals shorter.

We got to the hospital at 12:05am of August 22. I took the wheel chair this time from the car to the delivery room with my inlaws and did not wait for Omar anymore while he was parking the car. I even walked from the door of the delivery room to the bed where they examined me. Turned out, I was almost fully dilated at 9cm. They were saying that I could do lamaze. I said no at baka di na masundan. I asked them to sedate me and to give me anesthesia, and so they did.

When I opened my eyes, they told me I'm done. I gave birth to William John aka Winter at 1:25 am of August 22 weighing 7lbs. 11oz with a length of 50.5cm. I like the date pa rin, kasi parehas sila ni Summer na 22, with Summer born on March 22.Tip for those giving birth at the Philippines, July and August are peak month for giving birth. I gave birth at 1:25am, Omar was able to get a room at 9am, I was transferred to our room at 10am. Ang hirap kumuha ng room, plus the rising number of cases of dengue in the country. We weren't able to get a private room, but a semi-suite room instead. There was a private room available kaya lang pinanggalingan ng infectious disease patient, with our baby rooming-in with us, that's a big No No.That completes our (Omar and mine) seasons, our reasons - our Summer and Winter.

1 comment:

Mich said...

aww such a nice birthing story! haaay, 7mos pa lang ako and getting anxious na and scared at the same time! waaaah! buti ka pa you can take up to 9CM! wow, bilib ako sayo :)