Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 19, 2007

Despedida de Soltera

My eldest niece with my cousin is getting married on Dec. 16 and she had her despedida de soltera yesterday at San Jacinto Panciteria at Libis.

We had lunch and, as usual, most of the Santiagos occupied the room over the guy's family. We are such a big family, and so intact at that too. It was a day filled with food and laughter. Syempre masaya kasi ako ang emcee hahaha, kapal! One guest even complimented me that I was witty and I was so flattered. Naniwala naman ako agad hehehe. The room was full of professionals kasi, considering that my niece is a resident doctor at PGH. E sanay lang naman ako mag emcee sa probinsya, di naman sa minamaliit ko mga taga probinsya. Mas at home lang ako sa home court.

I like her speech at the end of the party thanking her family, friends and relatives that everything came easy for her - from studies to career. And now facing her new life as a wife, she'll be on her own now. I truly wish I could give the same to my Summer and would-be children - an easy life, yet making them strong and not too dependent on us.Good luck Edhel! I'm sure you'll be a good wife to your hubby, Jim.

No comments: